Whistler Blackcomb boasts the largest ski area on the continent with 7,071 acres of skiable terrain, more than 200 marked trails, 12 massive alpine bowls and three glaciers. When you’re not skiing or riding, there are plenty of other things to do in Whistler – the World’s Biggest Winter Playground!
Current Destination Snow Bus Tours to Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb Information
|Lifts:||35 (13 high speed quad) + 3 Gondolas + 1 Peak 2 Peak Gondola|
|Trails:||Over 200 marked trails, including 12 alpine bowls & 3 glaciers|
|Longest Run:||11 km / 7 miles|
|Summit Elevation:||2182m / 7160 ft. (Whistler) – 2284 / 7494 ft. (Blackcomb)|
|Terrain Parks:||2 on Whistler Mountain: 3 on Blackcomb, plus 1 Snow Cross Track and 1 Super Pipe|
|Annual Snowfall:||402 inches / 33.5 ft or 10.22 meters per year|
|Average Temperature:||-7C / 18F|
|Skiable Terrain||4,757 acres 1,925 hectares (Whistler) - 3,414 acres 1,382 hectares (Blackcomb)|
|Other Activities:||Sleigh rides, heli skiing, snowmobiling, indoor rock climbing, ice skating, Coca Cola Tube Park & much more!
|Trail Map:||Click to view Whistler Blackcomb’s Interactive Trail Map|
Did You Know?
- Whistler was one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympics
- Whistler is the Number 1 Rated Ski Resort in North America
- Whistler & Blackcomb mountains have over 7,000 acres of ski and snowboard terrain, with 12 alpine bowls, 3 glaciers, 200+ marked trails and 33 lifts
- Whistler receives over 30 feet / 9.14 metres of snow per year
- Whistler is located approx. 1.5 hours North of Vancouver on the spectacular Sea to Sky Highway
- Whistler has the highest skiable vertical in North America
Destination Snow hosts trips to the following BC Ski Resorts
Photo Credit: J Jeskova www.coastphoto.com – Whistler Website